THE FERRERO GROUP APPROVES THE CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 2020/21
The Ferrero Group increases its workforce and multiplies turnover
Ferrero International S.A., parent company of the Ferrero Group, approved the Consolidated Financial Statements for the year ended August 31, 2021. The Ferrero Group, of which Mr. Giovanni Ferrero is the Executive Chairman and Mr. Lapo Civiletti is the CEO, closed the financial year with a consolidated turnover of 12.7 billion Euro, an increase of +3.4% compared to the previous year’s turnover of 12.3 billion Euro. With this approval, Ferrero International S.A. achieved the following milestones:
- 107 consolidated companies and 32 manufacturing plants worldwide,
- Selling directly and via distributors in over 170 countries,
- Meanwhile, the Group's average workforce in 2020/2021 was 34,374 employees, increasing from 34,121 employees in 2019/2020. The headcount as of August 31, 2021 amounted to 38,767 employees, compared to 37,122 as of August 31, 2020.
Despite the uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 related restrictive measures that impacted the fiscal year 2020/2021 all around the world, the Ferrero Group rapidly adapted to the challenges coming from the pandemic. Prioritizing consumer and employee health and safety, the Ferrero Group has been able to demonstrate agility and resilience to guarantee operational continuity and delivering products to its consumers.
The Ferrero Group achieves net sales growth of finished products. Key highlights of this include:
- Growth in specific markets including France, Germany and China and consolidation of market shares in most of the regions;
- Growth of iconic brands such as Ferrero Rocher®, Kinder Bueno®, Kinder Joy® and Kinder Chocolate®;
- Launch of new products including Ferrero Rocher® and Raffaello® ice creams.
Ferrero Group’s expands overall footprint and product offering
During the fiscal year 2020/2021, the Ferrero Group acquired 100% of the issued share capital of Ferrero Eat Natural, the UK based maker of high-quality cereal bars, toasted muesli and granola, operating in the fruits and nuts snacking market segment, with the aim to expand the Group overall footprint and product offerings.
The Ferrero Group also completed some key initiatives such as: increasing investment in its iconic brands, strengthening internal R&D activities and, for another consecutive year, investing in improving and expanding its factories, plants and equipment. As part of the Group’s continued technological development strategy, it expanded its production capacity, with total capital investments amounting to 839 million Euro – the main investments being property, plant and equipment (757 million Euro), for its plants in Italy, Germany, the USA and Poland.
These investments represent the Group’s continuous approach to improving the quality, freshness, food safety, competitiveness and what is key for Ferrero – reducing the environmental impact of its production.